What we do
ITB Subsea has been installing submarine cable since 1965. During the past 50 years, ITB has been the predominant cable layer in British Columbia waters, gaining the experience and developing the equipment required to deal with the high demands of laying modern cable. We work primarily in the Pacific Northwest but have the capability to handle projects on a global basis.
- Cable Installation
- Cable Inspections
- Cable Repairs
- Cable Maintenance
Our extensive list of projects include work with a variety of types of cable and in diverse bodies of water, from the challenging tidal waters of the coast to remote lake locations.
- Transmission Cable
- Distribution Cable
- Fibre Optic Cable
- Deep Water / Shallow Water Cable
- Difficult inlets
ITB Subsea has a full complement of vessels and specialty equipment which allows us to rapidly mobilize from our maintenance facility in Vancouver.
Our dedicated cable barges can be configured for a variety of marine construction projects as per the requirements of the project.
Specialty equipment includes:
- A Portable DPII System
- 10ton Linear Cable Machine
- 35ton A-Frame
- Cable Highway Spoolers, Double Tower Cable Crane,
- Cable Chutes
- Motorized Cable Reels, 45ton Portable Powered Reel Drives, 6 Wheel Cable Transporters
- Support and Survey Vessels, cranes and Thrusters
- ROV’s, Dive Equipment and various operational tools and equipment
ITB Subsea has the in house expertise to provide customers with high quality services from equipment rentals, through to project management on sizeable projects.